Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Acknowlege the Holy Spirt Everyday

I'm back to blogging. During the next several weeks we are studying the Holy Spirit in our sermon series we've titled "3rd Person".

I've been reading several books concerning the Holy Spirit over the past several days in preparation for this sermon series. One of the best reminders we can have concerning the Holy Spirit is based on Romans 8:27, "He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God." I' don't know about you, but I find the thought of the Spirit of God praying for me according to the will of God extremely comforting. (taken from The Forgotten God by Francis Chan)

Many times I don't know what to pray, how to pray, or what to do. Yet we have a promise that the Holy Spirit knows and when I pray within the confines of the Holy Spirit I'm always praying in the will of God. That is a beautiful promise.

Don't forget your prayer this week,
Dear Holy Spirit,
I need you in my life. I want to know you better. Show me who you are. I need your help in my home, my family, my relationships and in my church. Please fill me with all the power and all the gifts you have for me. Make me more like Jesus. Amen

1 comment:

  1. Judy and Mary Ann agree with pastor kevin

    ReplyDelete