Sunday, January 10, 2010

Going Through the Motions

Welcome to day number one of our 21 day fast. Day number one is one of the most difficult days. Why? Because I'm so used to doing things out of habit. Whether it's drinking a diet coke, reaching in the candy jar, or heading down to Sonic I can do any or all those things without thinking. Now I'm telling myself to stop and think about what I do when they normally come second nature to me. Which obviously brings me to the question I ask myself. How many other times do I simply do things without thinking about the cost? Do I respond in anger to other people, do I make decisions without praying, or do I sit for hours and watch a T.V. show and never consider how I'm using my time? One of the purposes' of fasting is saying, "I don't want to go through the motions I want to think about what I do with my life.

I'm praying for you, you pray for me.
Pastor

1 comment:

  1. Good word...Lord help me to stop going through the motions. Over the next 3 weeks, Lord give us fresh air and clean spirits.

    ReplyDelete