Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm Hungry

Day 2 of our 21 day fast and I have an admission I'm HUNGRY.

Today I woke up with Mathew 5:6 on my heart which states "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for Righteousness for they shall be filled." HUNGER is a unique thing. I woke up this morning with my stomach saying there's something going on here, and my head saying where is the caffeine, and my body kind of in a daze.

That's one of the purposes of fasting. I'm supposed to be reminded that just in the same way that I may be hungry now I'm supposed to be just as HUNGRY for the things of God, just as hungry for righteousness, and aware of his presence and absence in my life.

Rarely am I ever HUNGRY. I eat by the clock, don't go to long between meals, and throw a few snacks in between. But today's a different story. I'm reminded of what it feels like to be hungry and how I need to feel about God.

I'm praying for you and I hope you're praying for me.

Pastor Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment